Our COVID-19 Response
Dear Accorde Patients, Families, and Friends:
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. We can’t wait to see all of you again and get back to our passion of changing lives one smile at a time!
The Governor and MN Board of Dentistry announced that we may resume non-urgent and elective procedures beginning May 11, 2020. We are excited to welcome all of our patients and families back to resume regular appointments beginning on that date (with new guidelines and enhancements listed below)! Many of you have already been rescheduled from the time we were closed to a new future date. Please plan to keep that newly scheduled appointment. For those of you that had canceled appointments during the closure and have no current appointment scheduled, please call to get a new appointment date established.
We know that every patient needs to be seen and is anxious to resume their treatment progress. We will be working hard to get everyone caught up on their treatment as soon as possible and may reach out to you to modify your appointment date or procedure if needed based on your specific treatment circumstances. Thank you for your patience during this time.
While many things have changed over these last few months, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your previous visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. Our office has always followed infection control guidelines made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of those agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued, especially in this rapidly changing environment.
As a result of the current circumstances we have developed a COVID-19 Preparedness Plan and a Facility Plan for Accorde and want to let you know about some of the enhancements and new steps we have taken to continue to protect our patients and staff:
- Daily employee health screening and temperature checks. Policies that encourage employees to stay home when not feeling well
- Enhanced personal protective equipment (PPE) for employees including N95 masks, face shields, gowns and gloves
- Enhanced techniques and equipment to reduce/contain aerosols from certain procedures
- Virtual appointment check-in for patients through text and phone
- Health screening and temperature check of all patients and visitors prior to entering the office
- Non-patient escorts (parents) and other visitors to the office will be asked to wear a mask in the office at all times
- Use of hand sanitizer by all individuals entering the office
- Use of anti-viral/anti-bacterial mouth rinse for every patient at their appointment
- Increased frequency of cleaning for common areas and high-touch surfaces
- Social distancing of employees and individuals whenever possible. The dental treatment chairs at all Accorde offices are already more than 6 feet apart and are in compliance with this new guideline
Please watch for additional communication in the days leading up to your next appointment regarding how the new changes will affect your appointment experience as well as guidance on the new appointment check-in process. We look forward to seeing all of you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back.
The Accorde Doctors and Team
To schedule with our team, please see the options below.