Accorde Orthodontists is proud to be your premier choice when it comes to orthodontic care in and around the Albertville, Maple Grove, Champlin, and Rogers, MN areas. One of the things we pride ourselves on is the state-of-the-art technology we provide. We offer many different innovative and advanced technologies in the orthodontic field in order to best accommodate our patients. Some of these advancements include Invisalign, the iTero scanner, and also Invisalign Teen.
What Is Invisalign Teen?
Invisalign Teen is essentially the same as Invisalign and features the same process, though it’s designed specifically for teenagers. Invisalign is a series of aligners that are custom-made with the help of a computer in order to gradually shift the patient’s teeth. The aligners will be worn in a set order, each for one weeks. Each aligner will move the patient’s teeth slightly. When the last of the aligners have been worn, the patient’s teeth will have shifted enough to have achieved the doctor’s desired position.
So What Makes Invisalign Teen Different?
Invisalign has been available to adults for over a decade, but it hasn’t been until recently where Invisalign has been recommended for teenagers. What was the reason for that? Many teens still have permanent teeth that are erupting which could disrupt the aligners’ precisely planned movement of the teeth. Also, it was believed that teens wouldn’t wear Invisalign the recommended 22 hours a day.
Luckily, Invisalign Teen fixes those problems. Aligners made for teenagers come with ‘eruption tabs’ built in. These tabs are designed to hold space for teeth that haven’t fully erupted yet. Also, the aligners of Invisalign Teen are equipped with ‘compliance indicators.’ Compliance indicators are colored dots found near the back of the aligners. These dots fade over time, revealing how long the aligners have actually been worn.
Family & Friends
- A majority of our referrals come from family and friends confirming patient satisfaction and loyalty
- Countless previous patients now bring in their own children for treatment, meaning that we have generations of satisfied customers
- $50 gift card for referring a friend that starts treatment - our way of saying "Thanks!"
- Accorde's Family Care Plan
- Free exams and observation appointments for all family members
- Additional family members receive a 5% full treatment discount
The Benefits of Invisalign
Some of the advantages of choosing Invisalign and Invisalign Teen include, but aren’t limited to, the following:
- The aligners are practically invisible; people won’t even realize that you’re undergoing orthodontic treatment.
- Your aligners are only required to be worn for 22 hours a day, allowing you to take them out for meals or other occasions.
- Since the aligners can be taken out, you don’t have to change your eating habits as you do with braces.
- Cleaning your teeth is just as simple as it’s always been; you just remove your aligners and brush and floss like normal. You don’t have to worry about cleaning around wires or brackets.
- Invisalign rarely causes irritations to the cheeks and gums as metal braces can.
- You won’t have to come in as often to fix problems with your treatment. Unlike Invisalign, traditional braces will occasionally get broken brackets or protruding wires that need to be repaired.
Contact Your Maple Grove, Champlin, Albertville, and Rogers, MN Orthodontist!
If you would like to schedule a complimentary exam with us, you can give us a call at (763) 425-9888 or fill out our online appointment request form. If you have any questions about Invisalign Teen or any of our other orthodontic treatments, please feel free to contact us. We hope to see you soon and put you on the path toward a healthier and straighter smile!